Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Farewell, all joys! O Death, come close mine eyes! More Geese than Swans now live, more fools than wise.


So this post should explain the name SWAN SONG for my blog.
I am not some young chick trying to save mankind in a post apocalyptic word...
I defintely aint an ageing actor who has realised that this will be his final curtain call.
However, what i do know is that I ve wanted to be a writer my whole life. I'd love to have my work published and receive critical acclaim. Yet, here I am, conforming to the rigid norms of the typical Indian middle class family.
This blog is my way of thumbing my nose at all those people who said I can't. They can t break my spirit.
A swan song is the fabled last accomplishment or a dramatic appearance, carrying with it the connotation, that the performer is aware of this and he is expending all his energy in this one last magnificent effort..... or as some yuppy i know puts it ... 'the last flame before the rain'.
The silver Swan, who living had no Note,
when Death approached, unlocked her silent throat.
Leaning her breast against the reedy shore,
thus sang her first and last, and sang no more.


And before I become a slave to the conventions and don the mantle of a good Indian wife, the ubiquitous cook, soccer mom, dutiful daughter in law and the responsible doctor............ I shall live it out and sing my Swan Song. The writer in me shall go out with a bang ............. its gonna be one long bang cause I aint giving up that easy...........................

2 comments:

  1. You do realise, that if you're a housewife you'd definitely be able to make time to write in between your kids' nap times etc. :)

    When they go to school then u definitely would have time. So this is not the Swan Song just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweety
    where did i say housewife???
    and u have no idea how much work being a hlousewife is?

    ReplyDelete